Annie Hall - Film Review

OUTSTANDING FILM

★★★★★- 5 Stars
We've all heard the story of Dylan Farrow. She is really one of the strongest human beings on the planet and I fully support her. Film making is a tough process, especially when you have a sexual predator at the helm. I don't defend Allen at all. Woody Allen, for years, has been regarded as one of the best directors of all time. I will be judging this based on a film, as if I were in the audience in a theater in 1977 watching this movie for the first time after winning the Oscar.
The movie is about a comedian and writer, Alvy Singer (Allen himself), who falls in love with an odd woman, Annie Hall (Diane Keaton). Many of the jokes in it are stupid humor. At one point they are waiting in line for something Italian, I don't remember, and Alvy tells Annie that with her he feels like he is with the cast of "The Godfather" (which is ironic being Keaton was in those films). Another great joke is when Annie comes screaming from the bathroom and says "There's a spider in your bathroom the size of a Buick!". There are many celebrity cameos in the film as well from Christopher Walken to Sigourney Weaver to Jeff Goldblum to Paul Simon. The movie is funny and emotional from beginning to end. I would recommend anyone who wants a good laugh to watch this movie but amidst all the Me, Too and Time's Up movements, I understand if you are against it. I watched the film necessary as it influenced many comedians such as Jerry Seinfeld and many comedic films after it.

Comments

Popular Posts